* The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
* Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
* Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
* This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
* From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
* Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Australia.
* These terms and conditions apply to your booking of Tours and other services with www.wearetravellers.com.au, or brought to you by Wearetravellers, and may vary from time to time.
– On your request, we will send you email confirmation of availability and pricing of tours and products which are subject to change.
– We will happily reserve places for you on most tours and we will send an email titled ‘Booking Held’ once places have been reserved.
– Your Booking is confirmed once you have received an e-Ticket and invoice via email.
– E-Tickets aren’t required to be printed in 99% of cases. Please refer to the terms and conditions on your e-Ticket to see if this is required.
YOUR RIGHTS IN THE EVENT OF A DATE ERROR
The customer is required to read all of the information on the reservation link (name, date, tour) before confirming his reservation. Once the payment is made, you will receive an eTicket where this same information will be entered. It is therefore the client’s responsibility to read it as soon as possible in order to be able to make the necessary changes.
In certain specific cases where we are solely responsible for an error, several solutions can be envisaged. Here are some examples of compensation:
An exchange of dates * & a compensation for accommodation :
If the client has the possibility of making the excursion at a later date.
Accommodation compensation will be considered for the night (s) necessary until the excursion is completed **
A refund of the excursion:
If the client is unable to complete this tour at a later date.
* Subject to availability
** Within a limit of $ 40AUD per night per person
Please refer to your e-Ticket for tour operators cancellation policy that relates to each specific tour you booked.
– In addition, all tours booked are subject to a minimum 3% cancellation fee
– Package discounts do not apply when a tour is cancelled by you or by the Operator for any reason.
If the Tour is cancelled due to weather conditions 99% of tours offer a rebooking or full refund will be given. Please refer to the terms and conditions on your e-Ticket to see if this is applicable.
We recommend you have suitable travel insurance or other cover in order that you protect yourself from the potential for cancellation.
Your Contract is with the Operator, tour operator, or other service provider as detailed on your e-Ticket and Wearetravellers acts as an Agent. We accept no liability for any matters arising from or otherwise connected with your contract. Our emails confirm the details of your booking and the related terms of service. You are required to ensure that these details are correct.